Monday, August 6, 2012

OTC Overdose - New Pill of Choice: Iron

Did research again just to verify my facts regarding the lethal dosage for my planned paracetamol overdose. Still got the same results : 30 pills ingested in 24 hrs can be lethal. What follows would be acute liver failure and one of the symptoms is the body starting to bloat.

I do not want my mangled body to be discovered by anyone. I want to die with a little dignity.

For Iron Overdose the lethal dose is 50mg/kg. I am 90 pounds. That would mean an overdose for me is 2.04 grams of Iron Sulfate. I don't know how many pills that is since I don't have a sample available. I'll have to go to the pharmacy and check it out.

Iron Poisoning means going through nausea and vomiting, the pain then abates for 24 hours as the iron passes deeper into the body and I develop metabolic acidosis, then shock and death from liver failure.

Hmmm liver failure it seems is still on the table.

Looks like I can't escape that part. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment